A few weeks ago I needed urgently to measure some projects I'm interested in, but I didn't have an internet connection to download the latest application that would do the work for me. So, I decided to write my own LOC counter.

I didn't want to write it in Java because of the time consuming for it, and as I am learning Ruby, I just gave it a try.


A very short and dummy implementation that took me nearly 15 minutes, reading some API docs and testing, I don't know how to express it, but it feels right. If I would have done it in Java would work even better, but I like this approach, clean and short.